Hey Veggie Lovers!
Curious about Kohlrabi? So were we when it first appeared in the veggie boxes this winter and early spring.
This light green bulbous little vegetable comes from the cabbage family and it's dense in nutritious goodness. The Kohlrabi plant is native to many parts of the world, but is primarily found in the German, Northern American, Vietnamese, and Indian diets. Kohlrabi is very versatile in the kitchen and can be prepared in many different ways. From Raw Kohlrabi Slaw to a Savory Stir Fry, Kohlrabi can wear many hats. But the best part about this fresh, crunchy and delicate vegetable is that is filled with health benefits just in time for spring. This magical vegetable is high in vitamin-C which helps to reduce high blood pressure. Below there is a little chart about Kohlrabi's health benefits that Dr. Axe from Food is Medicine health blog. We have also compiled some of our favorite Kohlrabi recipes from our favorite real food bloggers. If you have anymore questions about Kohlrabi you should head over to Kitchn for more information.
- Shaved Kohlrabi with Mint, Tahini, & Pistachios by Bon Appétit
- Kohlrabi and Leek Soup by Dishing Up The Dirt food blog
- Kohlrabi Salad With Cilantro And Lime by Feasting At Home food blog
- Kohlrabi Fries by Rosy Posey food blog
- Peppery Kohlrabi Slaw by GoodFood blog
- Refreshing Kohlrabi, Beetroot and Apple Salad With Feta and Lime by The Forked Spoon food blog
- Kohlrabi Salsa with Kimchi by Circa Happy food blog