Hello its Isabelle here!
I am currently a senior at Cal Poly, and I want to share one of my favorite summer recipes: The Zesty Nectarine Cobbler. I developed this recipe while spending the summer at my grandparents' house. They have two beautiful nectarine trees, and last summer they were so abundant we had to figure out ways to preserve this summer sweetness. Since I was a child I loved cobblers, from the berry cobblers to the apple cobblers, from rhubarb cobbler to peach cobblers, I loved it all. This particular recipe has the nectarine sweetness and the lemon zesty, making it wonderfully fresh. Pair this cobbler with coconut whip cream, or a sweet mascarpone, and it will be the perfect desert for a warm summer night.
- 6 medium Nectarines
- 1 TBS of Lemon Zest
- 1/4 Cup Pistachios
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse the nectarines well, and then cut into slices.
- Place the nectarine slices into a pie pan. I used a cast iron pan for my cobbler.
- In a bowl mix the flour, oats, sugar, and pistachios.
- Then add the coconut oil and lemon zest to the dry ingredients and mix with your barehands. The dough should have a crumbly consistency.
- Once the dough is ready sprinkle it on top of the nectarines.
- Place in oven for 20-30 minutes or until the crumble is nicely browned.
- Serve with your choice of ice-cream, coconut cream or mascarpone.
- Bon Appetite!