Lets have some Fuchsia fun!
Bright colors are always a way to make a statement, and this Fuchsia Hummus definitely earns the spotlight on any table. Paired with fresh raw veggies, your favorite crackers, spread on warm toast, or even in a salad, this hummus can make any plain meal exciting and magical.
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (approx. 1½ cups dry), peeled
- 1 Medium Purple Beet
- 2 large garlic cloves
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp quality tahini (I used hulled)
- 1¼ tsp salt, more to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin (optional)
- 4-5 tbsp lemon juice
- black and white sesame seeds, to garnish
- extra virgin olive oil, to garnish
- Set a pot of water to boil with a pinch of salt. Then once water is boiling place medium beet in the water for 20 minutes or until a fork can pierce through.
- In a high speed blender blend cooked chickpeas, cooked beat, tahini, olive oil, salt, spices, garlic and lemon juice.
- Once creamy and smooth, plate in a glass or porcelain bowl and garnish.
- Then serve as a dip, spread or dressing- whatever your heart desires!
- Bon Apettite!